Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Happy Holidays

Today we decided to decorate our room and the hallway to make it more "festive".
This is BT painting Rudolph. We wanted our paintings to be large, so we spread out on the floor.
Here you can see a group working hard to get their reindeer just right.
JM and LH worked by each other as they finished their paintings.
I don't know if there is anything better than art work created by young children.
I fell in love with every single piece.
This group is creating the letters for our heading.
It will say "Happy Holidays" when we are all done.
We had a little visit this morning that touched my heart.
I shared with the kids that we have earned a good amount
of money with our cards and labels. I asked if they would
like to spend some of that money (from the cards and labels)
to help a family that might be in need this winter. They responded
with an overwhelming, "YES". On Thursday, we will present Mrs. Thorne
with our gift, which she will make sure finds it's way to a family that will appreciate it. Some of the children may ask you if they can bring some of their
own money from home. I told them that this was already money from them, but they still wanted to bring more. I will leave that up to you.
I am very proud of everyone for wanting to do so much for others.
Thank you for supporting our projects and setting us up for this wonderful opportunity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't hardly wait until the Bazaar next week to get to come to school and see the holiday artwork that the children created.....
Lana H (aka Grandma)

Anonymous said...

p.s.
I wanted to congratulate the kids on the wonderful labels they made, every gift under our Christmas tree has one of their creations on it.........
L Holcomb (aka Grandma)