Thursday, September 20, 2007

McKay Mystery

Today we had a McKay Mystery. The children had to read and brainstorm to figure out this mystery. Hopefully they will give you the whole story, but here is a little bit to get you started.
Our custodian doesn't get in this drawer of her desk very often, but Wednesday morning she did. She was surprised by what she saw. Scroll down to see what was sleeping on this pair of gloves. Surprise....a baby squirrel! She is nursing it with a syringe and milk. We have all kinds of theories as to how and why it chose to live in her desk that is located in the boiler room of McKay. ??? Go figure.

During reading today I introduced the listening center.
Here you can see GH and CSH listening to a story.
We also drew pictures to go with our ABC's. My mom and dad sent me to school with a VERY large red apple as a model. It was almost as large as NE's head.
At lunch time NE and N helped serve lunch. Click on the picture below to watch a short video.
Listen carefully and you will hear SM's great manners.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great mystery.....good luck to all of you in figuring it out, I will be anxious to hear the solution.
The video was fun to watch.
Lana H (aka Grandma)

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs. S's Class,
I read through all your news this month. It looks like you are all having a great time in your classroom.
I was happy to hear from your teacher that she is doing less clapping. I could even tell when I walked by your classroom this week that you are all listening. You are quiet and looking at your teacher.
I can't wait to see the next blog.
Have a good week.
Mrs. D (ad's mom)

Anonymous said...

I heard that the squirrel's name is "Chipper." What a cute name. Hope you are all enjoying reading.

Heidi Williams (L's mom)

Anonymous said...

That squriel is a cutie. I haved looked at your blog a lot. All the photes are so so cute. I hope you have a great year. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!! Payton